I’m a growth strategist who believes we all embody extraordinary talent, passion, and power that’s wrapped into a gift, and presented as a unique asset to help others thrive in all areas of life. Through my work as a publisher, author and speaker, I use my gift and unique expertise to educate, inspire & tangibly transform organizations and professionals in demanding careers.Read my full story below
- Graduate, MIT Sloan Executive Program (2022)
- Board Member, Independent Book Publishers Association (2020 – Curt)
- Graduate, Yale SOM Executive Education Program (2018)
- Featured at the NAACP 10th Year Author’s Pavilion (2017)
- Certificate of Recognition from Mayor of Baltimore (2017)
- Auditioned for ABC’s Shark Tank, Season 9 (2017)
- “Faculty Member of the Year” Medical Moguls Academy (2017)
- Prince Georges County Maryland “Top 40 Under 40” (2017)
- Forbes Coaches Council Member and Contributor (2017)
- Awarded Executive Citation from Governor of Maryland (2016)
- Founded the Indie Author Legacy Awards® [IALA] (2016)
- Examiner.com honored as the “Best of the Best in Publishing” (2016)
- Honored as one of DC’s 100 Metro Phenomenal Women (2015)
- Published America’s First Book About Black Women in the Military “Camouflaged Sisters” (2015)
- Launched Purposely Created Publishing Group (2014)
- “Business on the Rise” Award by Stiletto Woman Media (2014)
- Launched “The Inspiration Cafe” Radio Show (2013)
- Small Business Influencer Awards Nominee (2013)
- Black Street Awards Nominee (2013)
- Contributing Writer for The Business 101 Magazine (2013)
- SHELaunchesTank 2nd Place Contest Winner (2012)
- Launched Siva Resolutions Management Group (2012)
How it all started
After being abandoned in Philadelphia by her mother as an infant, and watching her father battle with drug addiction throughout her early childhood and teenage years; Tieshena Davis instinctively developed the ability to decipher and solve complex challenges. In 1997, at the age of sixteen, she dropped out of high school and moved to Washington, DC on her own to attend Potomac Job Corp Center. During this journey, she began to accept her obstacles as life-changing opportunities which fueled her ambition to diligently pursue her goals.
In 2000, Tieshena’s efforts quickly landed her a mid-level management position with Sodexho Marriott Services, Inc. at only 19-years-old, where she became the youngest manager in both her district and region to operate a $12 million corporate food service account. She then went on to obtain her undergraduate degree at the University of Maryland where she studied accounting and started her first business offering home office organizing services.
In 2013, she self-published her debut memoir and #1 bestselling inspirational anthology for women, Surviving Shocking Situations: Finding Courage To Succeed In Spite of Life’s Painful Moments. This book launched Tie’s career as a notable book collaboration manager and publishing consultant. In 2014, she launched Publish Your Gift®, an international award-winning publishing firm specializing in author branding and development; which to-date has released over 700 non-fiction titles for other independent authors. In June 2016, she founded the Indie Author Legacy Awards® (IALA), an annual international literary event honoring Black impact-driven writers who serve as unsung heroes in their communities.
Tieshena is best known, however, for the bestselling business mentoring & coaching book Think Like a Bookpreneur, a crash-course for authors on how to turn a book into multiple streams of long-term income. Combining her strong business acumen with her content marketing expertise, Tieshena has become a trusted adviser to hundreds of authors through her writing, speaking and consulting. She also appears widely at public events, teaching entrepreneurs and professionals how to leverage writing to advance their career and business.
In 2018, Tie completed Yale University’s Leadership Strategies in Book Publishing Executive Program, recently completed MIT’s Business Progress Design in Strategic Management program. Her work and contribution in the publishing industry has also led her to being honored as Prince George’s County Maryland Top Forty Under 40, recognized as one of DC’s 100 Metro Phenomenal Women, and voted by Examiner.com as “Best of the Best in Publishing. Her expert insights has featured in Forbes, The Huffington Post, Black Enterprise, Publishers Weekly, Rolling Out and other numerous publications. With excellence, grace and a great passion to serve, Tieshena has become a key influencer to many worldwide.